Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Regarding the progress report presentation

I really enjoyed today’s progress report and it is good to see every group has done something different and cool, which rarely happens in other modules. :)


Overall I found it hard to rank the applications because I saw every group had put in a lot of effort and I was really reluctant to put any group underneath. Finally, the choice became somewhat random because it was REALLY hard to make a decision. :P


It seems that CS3216 is coming to the end. And since most of the work has been done, the rest is polishing and preparing for the final poster presentation. But is there any space to do something challenging and cool? Of course! As long as I want to turn crazy again and forget all of my final exams!


I really think doing a native application is better since currently there are a lot of issues in the mobile framework. If time is enough, it will be a good choice to port our application to different platforms natively. I think the user experience can be improved quite a lot. But on the other hand, it is worth trying new technology despite its various issues. HTML5 is prospective and it is time to grab the opportunity and prepare ourselves for future applications.


By the way, though idea is quite crucial in this module, the thing that attracts me most is still the final product. Sometimes despite the fact that the idea is not that original, it is still very enjoyable to see things nicely done. Generally, most of the groups have achieved this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment