Thursday, August 11, 2011

What I hope to learn in CS3216

I applied for CS3216 because I believe that people who take this course are all determined to do something and do it well. Thus it provides me with a good chance to work with talented and hard working people and finally we will have something amazing to show. :)

At first I was a bit hesitated because I don't know a lot about web applications. But then I think: web applications are also applications; they are just web-based or related to web. Therefore I don't need to mind much about the platforms and tools I use. What is important is the idea and the process to realize it.

So in short, there are mainly two things I want to learn. The first is the technical skills of developing web applications (and probably can apply to other kinds of applications). The second one, which is what I am concerned about more, is the skill to work with other people to design, to implement, to integrate and to debug. I want to have some experience of the process of team software development and this course provides me with a damn good opportunity to get all what I want to learn. :)

1 comment:

  1. At first I was a bit hesitated because I don't know a lot about web applications.

    Don't worry. You can figure out how to build a robotic segway, you can deal with web applications. :-)

    ReplyDelete